If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it,
does it make a sound?
The answer is simple: who cares? No one saw it, no one heard it, so it's completely irrelevant. A beautiful, informative website is equally irrelevant if no one knows it's there. How are your customers going to find you? Without targeted Search Engine Optimization, many of them won't.
That’s what Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is all about. Making sure that the people who want what you’re offering can find your site and hear your offer. Effective SEO means writing code and content for search engines as well as people. Sound weird? Well, look at it this way. Every time you plug a question or a keyword into your Google search box, you're retrieving information collected by squirrely robots. They crawl the web picking up keywords and code tags, then make decisions about whether or not a website is doing what it says it does, and doing it well enough to make it to the top of the rankings.
What this means for you as a business is that you can have a gorgeous, highly-functional site and an amazing, indispensible product or service, but still be a Google Wallflower. That’s right. Google and other search engines won’t ask your site to dance unless it conforms to certain standards. Without the proper keywords, metatags (titles and descriptions in your HTML), and relevant content, your site is a tree falling on deaf ears.
No Wallflowers on Our Watch
We won't let your website be a Google Wallflower. When we design your site, we’ll make sure its visible and off-page content are SEO-friendly. We’ll
- Put in keywords based on our research of your market and competitors
- Optimize all your metatags
- Write content that's appealing to people and visible to search crawlers
- Build links to relevant directories, blogs, forums, and industry-specific sites
- Submit your site to the major search engines, including Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- We can also provide a variety of additional online marketing services such as managing pay-per-click campaigns, social media integration, and blog services
Effective SEO will ensure that you’re not stuck on page twenty of the search rankings, and that the people who visit your site are really looking for your products and services. You will not only attract more customers, but more of the right customers. It's that simple.
Now we get to the best part: test and launch